In the past 60 years, NASCAR has taken the lead as America's most popular motor sport and has sped past hockey, golf, basketball, and baseball to become the second-most-watched sport on TV. NASCAR: The Complete History takes you on a thrilling ride through more than a century of racing, from the first closed-circuit auto race in 1896 to the creation of NASCAR in the 1940s to stars of today such as Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. This is the definitive guide to the drivers, owners, races, and cars that have made NASCAR great.
Every page is packed with incredible racing history. You'll enjoy:
• Hundreds of amazing NASCAR photographs
• A timeline of notable NASCAR moments from every year
• Rankings, points, wins, and earnings for every NASCAR season through 2008
• Details on every top-level NASCAR race through 2008
• Profiles of NASCAR's top drivers
• In-depth essays examining seven decades of NASCAR racing
• Fascinating NASCAR trivia and anecdotes
NASCAR: The Complete History belongs in every NASCAR fan's library.
|Publisher:||Publications International Import|
|Product dimensions:||9.30(w) x 12.00(h) x 2.00(d)|
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book is simply the best way to know NASCAR. Its pictures and texts are outstanding, the pictures are very rich, and the book is very organized. I recommend!