The first step in treating any ailment should be simple and natural.
A natural treatment is the best kind one that helps the body heal itself. Based on his years of practical experience as a doctor as well as on the latest research, Dr. Giller's book explains in crystal-clear terms how to treat yourself with vitamin and mineral supplements, herbs, diet, exercise, and stress reduction. He also indicates when it may be necessary to consult with a doctor.
An indispensable health resource for the whole family, Natural Prescriptions introduces you to such proven treatments as:
* A derivative of licorice to help reduce acid indigestion
* The mineral chromium to stop cravings for sweets
* Calcium at bedtime for lower-back pain
* The amino acid L-lysine to help prevent cold sores
* The amino acid DL-phenylalanine to combat the mood swings of PMS
* Magnesium for the prevention of kidney stones
* Melatonin for insomnia
With a bulleted, step-by-step treatment plan for each condition, including specific amounts of nutrients and the length of time they should be taken, Natural Prescriptions can dramatically change the way you feel about yourself and your health.
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.51(w) x 8.27(h) x 0.89(d)|