Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Navigating Legal Issues for Military Veterans provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices and strategies for steering military veterans through the myriad legal issues that may confront them. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book addresses the many practical issues attorneys face as they represent veterans in disability compensation and pension claims. Specifically, these experts discuss the steps involved in helping veterans and current service members pursue compensation benefits for service-connected disabilities, seek remedies when their claims have been denied, and obtain civil law assistance to enforce a service member's rights pursuant to the Service Members' Civil Relief Act. Finally, these leaders reveal their strategies for navigating through the intricate administrative process with the Department of Veteran Affairs. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this dynamic field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Michael L. Shea, The Law Offices of Michael L. Shea LLC "Understanding The Legal Needs Of Veterans, Active Duty Military, And Reservists"
2. Michael R. Viterna, Viterna Law - "Helping Veterans and Their Families Obtain Benefits Denied by VA"
3. Richard L. Frankel, Bross & Frankel PA - "Representation of Veterans in Disability Compensation and Pension Claims"
4. Ronald C. Sykstus, Bond Botes Sykstus Tanner & Ezzell PC - "Assisting Military Veterans With Disability Claims"
5. James G. Fausone, Legal Help for Veterans PLLC - "Veterans' Disability Law from the Trenches"
6. William J. Wickward Jr., Wickward Law Office PLLC - "Veterans' Service-Connected Disability Benefits"
7. James P. Coletta, Schmitt & Coletta PC, and University of Pittsburgh School of Law - "Supporting Military Veterans Through Claims Processes and Appeals"
Appendix A: Helpful Resources
Appendix B: Table of Authorities
Appendix C: New Case QuestionnaireVeterans Benefits
Appendix D: Sample Questions to Private Physicians
Appendix E: Sample Notice of Disagreement (Non-Standardized)
Appendix F: DD Form 293Application for the Review of Discharge or Dismissal from the Armed Forces of the United States
Appendix G: DD Form 149Application for Correction of Military Record under the Provisions of Title 10, U.S. Code Section 1552
Appendix H: DD Form 180Request Pertaining to Military Records
Appendix I: DD Form 9Appeal to Board of Veterans' Appeals
Appendix J: DD Form 21aApplication for Accreditation as a Claims Agent or Attorney
Appendix K: List of Helpful Resources for Veterans
Appendix L: Noteworthy Cases
Appendix M: Intake Questionnaire
Appendix N: Combined Ratings Table
|Publisher:||Thomson Reuters Westlaw; Aspatore|
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 5.50(h) x 0.70(d)|