Navigating Municipal Telecommunications Issues provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for working with private utility providers and city governments to establish telecommunications infrastructures. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the process of analyzing competitive threats, weighing the merits of alternative providers, and negotiating with utility companies. In addition, these authors discuss recent cases and changes in existing law, review new legislation, and describe the steps involved in complying with regulatory changes. From zoning issues and legal standards to the varied effects of the 1996 Telecommunications Act, these top attorneys offer insights on the current state of municipal telecommunications and the changes the future is likely to hold. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around establishing a solid municipal infrastructure while permitting technological growth.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. Sean Stokes, Principal, The Baller Herbst Law Group "Municipal Telecommunications Issues and Challenges"
2. Adam B. Simon, Partner, Ancel, Glink, Diamond, Bush, DiCianni & Krafthefer PC - "Regulatory and Operational Perspectives on Municipal Telecommunications"
3. Brian T. Grogan, Shareholder, Moss & Barnett PA - "Meeting New Challenges for Cities Negotiating with Telecommunications Providers"
4. Michael D. Hebert, Partner, Milling Benson Woodward - "A Not-so-Level Playing Field: Legal Challenges for Municipalities Entering the Telecommunications Business"
5. Gary Resnick, Shareholder, GrayRobinson PA - "The Challenges of a Municipal Communications Provider: Key Considerations"
6. Thomas E. Terrell Jr.,Partner, Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP - "Municipal Regulation of Telecommunications Infrastructure"
Appendix A: Personal Wireless Telecommunications Facilities Zoning Ordinance: Amendment to the Municipal Code
Appendix B: Land Lease Agreement
Appendix C: Local Government Fair Competition Act
Appendix D: LPSC Cross-Subsidization Rules
Appendix E: FTC Policy Statement Regarding Advertising Substantiation Program
Appendix F: Zoning Ordinances: Two Cities' Regulations on Location and Construction of Cell Towers