Navigating the Complexities of Leisure and Hospitality Law provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on the wide variety of legal issues that can arise in the leisure and hospitality industry. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through key concerns, such as increased regulation regarding intellectual property, controversies over tipping and minimum wage laws, and how labor laws affect Native American casinos. From helping clients secure financing for leisure and hospitality properties to understanding the impact of health care reform on seasonal workers, these experienced lawyers discuss best practices for successfully navigating the transaction process and keeping up-to-date on relevant changes to the laws impacting this field. Additionally, these experts analyze the legal aspects of licensing agreements for chain restaurants, hotels, and other franchises. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these top attorneys offer their opinions and expertise on this complex area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Doreen S. Davis, Partner, Jones Day - "Current Labor Law Issues Affecting the Hospitality Industry"
2. William C. Guthrie, Partner, and Nir E. Margalit, Of Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP - "Understanding Leisure and Hospitality Transactions: What Clients and Attorneys Need to Know"
3. Bruce F. Bronster, Partner, Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf LLP - "Responding to Recent Trends in the Leisure and Hospitality Industry"
4. Rori H. Malech, Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP - "Do Lenders Really Get any Comfort from Hotel Comfort Letters?"
5. Donald F. Kochersberger III, Member, Business Law Southwest LLC - "The Business of Leisure: Considerations When Purchasing Property"
Appendix: Venetian Casino Resort LLC, Petitioner vs. National Labor Relations Board