Explore the world of .NET design patterns and bring the benefits that the right patterns can offer to your toolkit todayAbout This Book
- Dive into the powerful fundamentals of .NET framework for software development
- The code is explained piece by piece and the application of the pattern is also showcased.
- This fast-paced guide shows you how to implement the patterns into your existing applications
This book is for those with familiarity with .NET development who would like to take their skills to the next level and be in the driver's seat when it comes to modern development techniques. Basic object-oriented C# programming experience and an elementary familiarity with the .NET framework library is required.What You Will Learn
- Put patterns and pattern catalogs into the right perspective
- Apply patterns for software development under C#/.NET
- Use GoF and other patterns in real-life development scenarios
- Be able to enrich your design vocabulary and well articulate your design thoughts
- Leverage object/functional programming by mixing OOP and FP
- Understand the reactive programming model using Rx and RxJs
- Writing compositional code using C# LINQ constructs
- Be able to implement concurrent/parallel programming techniques using idioms under .NET
- Avoiding pitfalls when creating compositional, readable, and maintainable code using imperative, functional, and reactive code.
Knowing about design patterns enables developers to improve their code base, promoting code reuse and making their design more robust.
This book focuses on the practical aspects of programming in .NET. You will learn about some of the relevant design patterns (and their application) that are most widely used. We start with classic object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques, evaluate parallel programming and concurrency models, enhance implementations by mixing OOP and functional programming, and finally to the reactive programming model where functional programming and OOP are used in synergy to write better code.
Throughout this book, we'll show you how to deal with architecture/design techniques, GoF patterns, relevant patterns from other catalogs, functional programming, and reactive programming techniques.
After reading this book, you will be able to convincingly leverage these design patterns (factory pattern, builder pattern, prototype pattern, adapter pattern, facade pattern, decorator pattern, observer pattern and so on) for your programs. You will also be able to write fluid functional code in .NET that would leverage concurrency and parallelism!Style and approach
This tutorial-based book takes a step-by-step approach. It covers the major patterns and explains them in a detailed manned along with code examples.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.66(d)|
About the Author