Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Create sophisticated 3D multiplayer games that work over modems, ethernet networks, and the Internet
But who wants to do it from scratch? With this book/CD set, you'll get a 3D game engine and a set of communications utilities that will help you quickly develop your own games.
On the CD ROM you'll find:
- Real-time 3D ray-casting engine (written in C) that can be used to create sophisticated 3D games
- Visual map editor and other utilities for creating animated monsters, wild texture-mapped walls, and building elaborate mazes
- Music editor for adding pulse-pounding sound effects and music to your game
- Code for adding modem, ethernet, and Internet communications for multiplayer excitement
- Minotaur: a 3D multiplayer game with real-time graphics (source code and executables)
- Source code and executables for hundreds of games, game demos, game libraries, graphics converters, memory management utilities and more!
|Product dimensions:||7.52(w) x 9.15(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Joe Gradecki is currently completing his PhD in computer science at the University of Wyoming. He is also the author of The Virtual Reality Construction Kit and The Virtual Reality Programmer's Kit (both from Wiley).
Table of Contents
Building ACK3D Worlds.
Building the ACK3D Graphics.
Adding Two-Player Support to ACK3D.
Adding Serial Communication Support.
Programming the Ethernet.
Adding Ethernet Support to ACK3D.
Adding Internet Support.
Adding Support for Three or More Players.
Completing the Game.