- Get it by Monday, August 28 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Teach yourself how to use the networking features in Windows 7 to connect your home computers, even if they use different operating systems. With Step by Step, you set the pace -- building and practicing the skills you need, just when you need them!
- Network your Windows 7-based PCs and set up security
- Add a Mac or Linux-based computer
- Share printers, devices, and files with everyone in your home
- Stream media over your network or to a remote PC
- Tweak your network and sharing settings
- Troubleshoot problems and perform easy maintenance
Your Step by Step digital content includes:
- Fully searchable online edition of this book -- with unlimited access on the Web
|Series:||Step by Step Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.60(d)|
About the Author
Ciprian Rusen is a technology aficionado, working as an IT Project Manager for a major consumer goods corporation. During work hours, he manages complex rollouts of enterprise IT solutions, and, in his spare time, loves to experiment with the latest technologies, learn how to best use them, and share his knowledge with others. He coordinates the 7 Tutorials team: Florina Muntenescu, Chuck Houghton, Maximilian Robu, Jack Busch and George Grigorita. Together, they write tutorials for Windows 7 users, helping them to get the best possible computing experience.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book is full of useful and helpful instructions for networking your computers. Although it is not comprehensive nor is it intended to b it is a valuable resource and great for visual learners For anyone looking to understand the basics of networking without getting caught up in highly technical manner.
I believe this is intended for the novice and should help them setup a network for a variety of devices. There are loads of screen shots that should make the process easier. Chapters 10, 11, and 12 are helpful because the average home user will need a heterogeneous network. Make sure you also read chapter 13 on network security. No need to read the entire book. Just pick and choose what you need and set it aside until you decide to further enhance your network.