Neurology Secrets / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Neurology Secrets, 3rd edition, presents all the latest tips and "secrets" on disorders of the nervous system in the popular Q&A format of the Secrets Series®. All chapters have been revised or expanded. This book is a excellent reference to use for review before the re-certifying exam that will be mandatory for all neurologists beginning in 2004.
• Covers the Basic Science (Anatomy, Neurotransmitters, Physiology, etc.) which is needed for students and clinicians.
• Contains a valuable chapter titled "Approach to the Patient with Neurologic Disease" that includes important "Pearls".
• Concise answers that include the author's pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets"
• Bulleted lists, algorithms, and illustrations for quick review
• All the most important "need-to-know" questions and answers in the proven format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series
• Thorough, highly detailed index
• All chapters have been revised or expanded, and a new chapter on neuroradiology has been added.
Table of Contents
1. Clinical Neuroscience
2. Clinical Neuroanatomy
3. Approach to the Patient with Neurologic Disease
5. Neuromuscular Junction Diseases
6. Peripheral Neuropathies
7. Radiculopathy and Degenerative Spine Disease
9. Brainstem Disease
10. Cerebellar Disease
11. Basal Ganglia and Movement Disorders
12. Autonomic Nervous System
13. Demyelinating Disease
15. Aphasia and Behavioral Neurology
16. Dysarthria, Dysfluency, and Dysphagia
17. Vascular Disease
19. Pain Syndromes
21. Seizures and Epilepsy
22. Sleep Disorders
23. Neurologic Complications of Systemic Disease
24. Infectious Diseases, Including AIDS
25. Pediatric Neurology
29. Neurologic Emergencies
30. Neurology Trivia