- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This volume in the popular Requisites in Radiology series concisely presents all of today's need-to-know information in neuroradiology. Completely revised and updated, it progresses from the basics of imaging techniques and anatomy to brain diseases and neurodegenerative and congenital abnormalities. It then discusses the subsites of neuroradiology, the head and neck, and degenerative and non-degenerative diseases of the spine. This compact, clinically oriented, easy-to-read format makes it exceptionally useful as a study tool for boards and the CAQ exam for the subspecialty.
- Features all the elements of previous Requisites volumes-including summaries of major points, boxed information, highlights, and a focus on the most necessary material.
- Presents the basic clinical, factual, and interpretative material required for clinical practice.
- Offers the authors' personal perspectives and experiences on the approach and pitfalls in neuroradiology.
- Updates all information including nuclear medicine applications for thyroid and PTH along with ocular sonography, temporal bone anatomy, and spine trauma.
- Expands the chapter on techniques to include new technologies such as FLAIR sequences, functional MRI, and spiral CT.
- Includes new differential diagnosis tables and more diagrams on base of skull anatomy.
- Offers over 725 illustrations, 50% of them new.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||Requisites in Radiology Series|
|Product dimensions:||8.72(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Techniques in Neuroimaging
Chapter 2: Cranial Anatomy
Chapter 3: Neoplasms of the Brain
Chapter 4: Vascular Diseases of the Brain
Chapter 5: Head Trauma
Chapter 6: Infections and Noninfectious Inflammatory Diseases of the Brain
Chapter 7: White Matter Diseases
Chapter 8: Neurodegenerative Diseases and Hydrocephalus
Chapter 9: Congenital Disorders of the Brain and Spine
Chapter 10: Orbit
Chapter 11: Sella and Central Skull Base
Chapter 12: Temporal Bone
Chapter 13: Sinonasal Disease
Chapter 14: Mucosal Disease of the Head and Neck
Chapter 15: Extramucosal Diseases of the Head and Neck
Chapter 16: Anatomy and Degenerative Diseases of the Spine
Chapter 17: Nondegenerative Diseases of the Spine
Chapter 18: Approach and Pitfalls in Neuroimaging