New Developments in Green Construction Law provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key strategies for advising clients on the latest changes in laws governing green construction. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book discusses the new standards and challenges construction firms face when engaging in green building. These top lawyers offer advice on assessing green building materials, procedures, and costs, as well as conforming to standards such as LEED. From balancing costs and incentives to drafting contracts, these authors reveal their strategies for helping clients share risks and rewards in the green building process. Additionally, these leaders examine the ongoing debates over green standards and share their thoughts on what the future will likely bring. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Douglas J. Feichtner & Andrew R. Kwiatkowski, Partners, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP-"LEED, Follow, or Get Out of the Way: New Developments in Green Building Present Litigation Risks to Building Industry"
2. Douglas S. Reiser, Principal, Reiser Legal PLLC-"Construction Goes 'Green': Adapting to Green Construction Standards and the Laws Behind Them"
3. Leon F. Mead II, Partner, Snell & Wilmer-"The Uncertain Future, and Certain Challenges, of Green Building Projects in Today's Economy"
4. Edward B. Gentilcore, Chair, Construction Services Group, Sherrard German & Kelly PC-"The Latest Developments in the Emergence of Green Construction Law: Seeds for Growth...Rooted in Trouble?"
5. Jeffrey W. King, Partner, Crowell & Moring-"An Overview of Green Construction Rating Programs"
Appendix A: GreenroadsTM Project Review Agreement
Appendix B: Gifford v. USGBC
Appendix C: Building Industry Association of Washington et al v. Washington State Building Code Council
Appendix D: The Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute et al v. City of Albuquerque
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.50(d)|