New Proclamation: Year B, 2002-2003, Advent through Holy Weekby Frederick Houk Borsch, James M. Childs, Philip H. Pfatteicher, Harold W. Rast (Editor), Martin F. Connell
* A format that assists those using the Revised Common Lectionary, the
The New Proclamation series helps preachers write better sermons-from Advent through Pentecost. It offers creative links to literature, spirituality, and the sociocultural scene in addition to historical and exegetical reflections on all the biblical texts. Features of New Proclamation:
* A format that assists those using the Revised Common Lectionary, the Roman Catholic lectionary, and the Episcopal lectionary (BCP)
* Reader-friendly, workbook design for easy note-taking and lay- flat binding for hands-free usage
* Poetry, literature, and narrative highlight dimensions of the liturgical season and day
* Discusses the present-day cultural context as it relates to the biblical texts
Author Biography:s Frederick H. Borsch is Episcopal Bishop of Los Angeles. A frequent contributor to Proclamation, he is author of Many Things in Parables (1988) and Outrage and Hope (1996), among other books. James M. Childs Jr. is Joseph A. Sittler Professor of Theology and Ethics, and Director of Academic Development, at Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Columbus, Ohio. Among his recent books are Greed (Fortress Press, 2000) and Preaching Justice (2000). Martin F. Connell, Assistant Professor of Theology at St. John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota, has authored An Introduction to the Church's Liturgical Year and the Guide to the Revised Lectionary. Philip H. Pfatteicher is Associate Pastor of First Lutheran Church, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is author of Liturgical Spirituality (1997) and the Dictionary of Liturgical Terms (1995).
Author Biography: Editor Harold W. Rast is Founding Director of Trinity Press International and an ordained Lutheran minister.
- Augsburg Fortress, Publishers
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.06(w) x 9.26(h) x 0.69(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews