For anyone who's breaking in, moving up, or just trying to make a great professional impression, this essential guide offers real-life anecdotes and advice to help you build competence and confidence in the tricky arena of modern business etiquette. Includes:
- "Blunder Busters" - proven strategies to help you tackle anything from office dating to business lunches
- "Sir, your fly is unzipped!" - the art of verbal diplomacy
- Contemporary guidelines for goof-proof e-mail
- The top ten career killers and how to beat them
- Global gaffes: easy ways to avoid overseas embarrassment
- Grace under fire-surviving dining disasters, party faux-pas and everything in-between
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Sold by:||Penguin Group|
|File size:||730 KB|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Barbara Pachter is a business communications consultant, speaker, and coach. She has conducted more than 1,600 skill-building seminars on assertiveness, business etiquette, and international communications.
Ellen Schneid Coleman, a former publishing executive, is a writer and editor specializing in books for business professionals.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I attended a seminar by the author and was compelled to own the books afterwards. This one is an easy and quick read, will set any professional up for success and will surprise those of us who thought that basic social etiquette was the only way to go! For students entering the workforce, this will either teach basic skills or refresh those you already have. For seasoned professionals who might not understand the changing ways of today's business world, this will enlighten!
Barbara Pachter is the Emily Post of the business world! Her tips and expertise are invaluable to anyone about to graduate high school or college or to begin a new job. I would also recommend this book to a person whose career is stalled or who is unhappy with the way he or she is percived at work.