- Get it by Friday, June 22 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
A fundamental transformation-what many are calling a "paradigm shift"-is underway today in our business and work world. This transformation goes beyond the traditional quest for productivity and profit to embrace such issues as achieving more congruence between our spiritual values and our work, creating a more caring and loving workplace, empowering people to unleash their full creativity and vision at work, and recognizing the global and social responsibilities of business.
This book brings together fifteen of the foremost visionary thinkers about these new business traditions. These visionaries include leading futurists, such as Willis Harman; authors of important new books, such as Peter Senge, author of The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization; leaders of influential organizations in promoting new paradigm thinking, such as Charles Kiefer, chairman of Innovation Associates; and creators of innovative business and academic programs, such as Michael Ray, developer of the path-breaking Stanford University course on "New Paradigm Business." New Traditions in Business is the first collection in one book of their seminal writings.
Part I describes the historical roots and current signs of the transformation o how the new paradigm differs from traditional business practice o the shifts in human consciousness that form the context for the transformation o the role of spiritual values, vision, and community in the new business culture.
Part II details specific strategies for business transformation: new leadership roles to build learning organizations o the qualities of truly healthy companies o fostering community in corporations o steps for putting global thinking into practice in business o developing and communicating visionary leadership o creating empowered workplaces oenabling people to tap their full creative powers o keys to practicing ethical behavior in business.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.94(h) x 0.73(d)|
About the Author
John Renesch is a businessman-turned-global futurist, social activist, author and international keynote speaker. From 1990 to 1997 he served as Editor-in-Chief of The New Leaders business newsletter. From 1990 to early 1992 he also was Managing Director of the World Business Academy , an international association focused on new paradigms for commerce. Prior to these positions, he was a founder or co-founder of several businesses, including a real estate investment company and two securities broker-dealers where he served as Managing Director and President respectively. He has published fourteen books, including Learning Organizations, Leadership in a New Era, Getting to the Better Future and The Great Growing Up (which was voted 2013 Grand Prize Winner for Non-Fiction by Indie Books). .
Table of Contents
Part I: The Contextual Shift: A Time for New Possibilities in Business
1. 21st-Century Business, Willis Harman
2. The Emerging New Paradigm in Business, Michael Ray
3. The Evolution of Human Consciousness, Herman Maynard, Jr.
4. Creating Esprit de Corps, Jim Channon
5. How Do We Put Our Spiritual Values to Work? William Miller
Part II: The New Business Community: Leaders in Social Transformation
6. The Leader's New Work: Building Learning Organizations, Peter Senge
7. The 21st-Century Corporation: The Tribe of the Relationship Age, Terry Mollner
8. Anatomy of a Healthy Company, Robert Rosen
9. Corporation as Community, Juanita Brown
10. Effective Membership in the Global Business Community, Cynthia Barnum
11. A Framework for Visionary Leadership, David Gaster
12. Leadership in Metanoic Organizations, Charles Kiefer
13. A Self-Organizing Leadership View of Paradigms, Carol Sanford
14. Corporate Leadership in the 21st Century, John Thompson
15. Ethics in American Business, Ken Blanchard