THE MOST PRACTICAL, up-to-date and easy-to-understand guide to workers' compensation claims in New York. This book is designed for employers, attorneys, claim adjusters, physicians, self-insured employers and vocational rehabilitation workers. This guide is written in plain English by a New York State attorney and provides a detailed analysis of relevant statutes and regulations; a complete recap of recent court decisions including 2015 & 2016 cases; and a full description of current practice. This book provides a behind-the-scenes look at the complicated issues and makes the law understandable for business owners.
New in this edition:
* Updated rates and benefits sections with 2016-2017 rates.
* New "denied case" flowchart (Ch. 1).
* Expanded recommendations for use of surveillance at trial (Ch. 2).
* New discussion on "Owner Controlled Insurance Policies" (Ch. 23).
* Updated discussion of WCL §25-a to include discussion of April 14, 2016 finding closure of Special Fund for Reopened Cases unconstitutional (Ch. 18)
* New Appendix with chart of maximum rates in effect by year (App. 5).
Includes a summary of the Medical Treatment Guidelines and the New York State Guidelines for Determining Permanent Impairment. Up-to-date chapters on the Medicare Secondary Payer Act and MMSEA, OSHA regulations, and HIPAA considerations are included.
[Revision date: August 6, 2016]
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.59(d)|
About the Author