News Writing on Deadline / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Newswriting on Deadline is filled with real-world newswriting exercises that prepare students for the stories they will cover on the job. Many of the exercises are based on actual events and most are designed to be written on a real deadline - in an hour or less. Each chapter focuses on a particular newspaper beat - police, courts, city hall - and opens with a set of tips for covering that specific beat. This is followed by a series of news writing exercises with a suggested deadline - anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Newswriting exercises give student the opportunity to write news stories based on actual events on a real deadline.
- Tips at the beginning of every chapter provide students with practical information on how to cover a specific newspaper beat.
- Profiles of real reporters give students a chance to hear from a professional journalist about how they cover their beat and write news stories on a tight deadline.
- Internet exercises allow students to use the Internet to do their own reporting and news writing.
- "Beyond the Classroom" feature in every chapter gives students examples of real-world stories they can cover.
|Publisher:||Allyn & Bacon, Inc.|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.80(w) x 11.40(h) x 0.30(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Newswriting on Deadline.
2. Rewriting Press Releases.
4. The Courts.
5. Fire and Rescue.
6. Stormy Weather and Natural Disasters.
7. Speeches and Press Conferences.
12. Science and Medicine.
Appendix A: Associated Press Style.
Appendix B: Math for Reporters.
Appendix C: Web Resources.
Glossary of Journalism Terms.