- Get it by Tuesday, August 29 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Borrowing on your credit cards? Saving instead of investing? Caring for others financially and ignoring your own needs? The things you learned as a girl may be preventing you from becoming financially independent and following your own dreams. Now bestselling author Lois Frankel tackles the outdated concepts that keep you from having the wealth you deserve, and she offers tried-and-true coaching tips to help you take control of your money and your life. Discover all the "nice girl" behaviors-and how to overcome them today!
- Mistake #4: Not playing to win. Being polite, quiet, and fair to a fault is playing the financial game "like a girl."
- Mistake #10: Choosing to remain financially illiterate. Knowledge is power. Learn to manage your major purchases, investments, and banking.
- Mistake #20: Spending as an emotional crutch. Understand your emotions; don't make purchases just to lift your spirits.
- Mistake #45: Saving instead of investing. Fear can keep your funds in low-interest accounts. Get educated-and get wealthy.
Vivid, no-nonsense...I love this book." -Anne Fisher, "Workplace" columnist, Fortune magazine"
Good counsel...user-friendly worksheets...invigorating. This is one of the most important contributions to the personal finance literature since Suze Orman. You go, girl!" -Kirkus Reviews"
A fresh look at how women think about money...deals with the real reasons women have so much difficulty with their finances. I wish [I had] it before I made so many of the mistakes she discusses." -Barbara Stanny, author of Prince Charming Isn't Coming: How Women Get Smart About Money and Secrets of Six-Figure Women
|Publisher:||Grand Central Publishing|
|Series:||A NICE GIRLS Book Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.25(h) x 0.75(d)|
|Age Range:||13 - 18 Years|
About the Author
Lois P. Frankel, Ph.D., is President of Corporate Coaching International. Frankel is the author of See Jane Lead, as well as national bestsellers Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office and Nice Girls Don't Get Rich.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Great, great, great. Very helpful information for women of all ages. Especially good for young women just starting out on their own. It's never too late to get smart with your money, but 'the sooner the better'!!
This book is easy to read, contains practical and easy to implement suggstions, and makes you think about your financial future. It's not like many of the other books on financial planning that are so boring you walk away avoiding the entire subject of planning for the future.
I have always delt with my money the same way as my mother, I put my money in a 4% cd and let it sit. Inflation is larger than 4%, the money in the bank was actually losing value. It is a good idea to have some money in the bank, but have most of your money in stocks, diversify your portfolio with US and overseas stocks. This book has changed my life in so many ways.