Now that you’ve bought the amazing Nikon D5500, you need a book that goes beyond a tour of the camera’s features to show you exactly how to use the camera to take great pictures. With Nikon D5500: From Snapshots to Great Shots, you get the perfect blend of photography instruction and camera reference that will take your images to the next level! Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time you pick up the camera.
Follow along with your friendly and knowledgeable guide, photographer Rob Sylvan, and you will:
- Learn the top ten things you need to know about shooting with the D5500
- Master the photographic basics of composition, focus, and depth of field
- Use the D5500’s automatic scene and professional modes for more control over your images
- Understand all the best tricks and techniques for getting great action shots, landscapes, and portraits
- Find out how to get great photos in low light
- Harness the power of enhanced video recording and capture beautiful moving images with the D5500
- Fully grasp all the concepts and techniques as you go, with assignments at the end of every chapter
And once you’ve got the shot, show it off! Join the book’s Flickr group, share your photos, and discuss how you use your D5500 to get great shots at flickr.com/groups/nikonD5500_fromsnapshotstogreatshots.
About the Author
Rob Sylvan is a photographer, trainer, author, and Web developer. In addition to being NAPP’s Lightroom Help Desk Specialist, he also writes the “Under the Loupe” column for Photoshop User magazine, and blogs about Lightroom at Lightroomers.com. He is the author of several books and eBooks, including Taking Stock: Make money in microstock creating photos that sell and Nikon D5200: From Snapshots to Great Shots. Rob is based in Newmarket, New Hampshire.
Table of ContentsChapter 1: The D5500 Top Ten List
Chapter 2: First Things First
Chapter 3: The Auto Modes
Chapter 4: The Professional Modes
Chapter 5: Moving Target
Chapter 6: Say Cheese!
Chapter 7: Landscape Photography
Chapter 8: Mood Lighting
Chapter 9: Advanced Techniques
Chapter 10: D5200 Video: Beyond the Basics
Chapter 11: Accessorize