The Bible is a gift from God, but many of the things written in the Bible can be hard for kids to understand. In fact, sometimes they’re downright mysterious to kids. Using kid-friendly language and a detective theme, the NIV Investigator’s Holy Bible explains the Bible text for kids ages 6 to 10.
Two central mystery-solving characters, Mateo and Isabella, invite children to investigate the Bible using the following features:
- Evidence—Bible book introductions answer what kind of book it is, who wrote it, what happens, and the “best part”
- Breakthrough—answers questions kids might ask, such as “Who were the Philistines?” and “What is The Spirit of God?”
- Scene—includes descriptions highlighting geographical information pertinent to a verse
- Witness—explains the meaning and history behind Biblical names
- Detective—quizzes students on what they have learned
- Case Closed—explores how the events of a particular book of the Bible relate to children as individuals
Other features about this Bible that make it great for kids:
- Kid-friendly two-color design throughout
- The complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- 9-point type size
Using the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV) text makes the Bible accessible and easy-to-read for kids. The NIV is the result of over 50 years of work by the Committee on Bible Translation, who oversee the efforts of many contributing scholars. Representing the spectrum of evangelicalism, the translators come from a wide range of denominations and various countries and continually review new research to ensure the NIV remains at the forefront of accessibility, relevance, and authority. Every NIV Bible that is purchased helps Biblica translate and give Bibles to people in need around the world.