In this reassuring, eye-opening book, noted urologist Samuel J. Arnold explains how almost all childhood bedwetting can be cured or controlled. Drawing on over 35 years of experience--and thousands of actual cases--Dr. Arnold illustrates how, contrary to conventional thinking, most bedwetting is caused by underlying physical conditions--conditions that often can be corrected quickly and effectively. And he dispels the harmful and mistaken notion that long-term bedwetting is caused by disobedience, toilet-training conflicts, or parental attitudes.
This essential and supportive guide can help you help your child. No More Bedwetting reveals:
* The many different factors behind bedwetting
* How to determine the root cause of your child's problem and what to do about it
* The roles of heavy sleep, diseases, anatomical problems, allergies, hormones, and other factors
* The damage of harmful treatments such as punishment or withholding fluids
* A full range of tested strategies and recommendations
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.06(w) x 9.12(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsBedwetting and Your Child.
What You Need to Know About Your Child's Urinary System.
Sleep Factors that Contribute to Bedwetting.
Rule Out Diseases Early.
Constipation, Encopresis, Hemorrhoids, or Inflammations can be Culprits.
Consider Allergies and Food Intolerances.
A Nighttime Shortage of Vasopressin?
Abnormalities in the Lower Urinary Tract.
Preparing Your Child for Medical Experiences and Surgical Procedures.