The boundaries in interventional electrophysiology are continually being challenged by new discoveries, refinements in technology and procedure. This timely volume aims to present an up to date, practically orientated summary of current knowledge for the benefit of interventional electrophysiologists and other healthcare professionals participating in this growing field, including general cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiology fellows, biomedical engineers, technicians and nurses.
The text, developed by an international panel of acknowledged experts, comprehensively reviews the latest advances in catheter ablation, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators, pacing, as well as traditional surgical and mapping techniques for arrhythmias. Although the focus is on technique, the authors also explain the theoretical and technological advances which underlie this rapidly evolving subspeciality.
|Product dimensions:||7.22(w) x 10.35(h) x 2.02(d)|
Table of Contents
I. Singer, S.S. Barold, A.J. Camm.
Section 1: Advances in Catheter Ablation.
Section Editor: A.J. Camm.
1. Physics and Biology of Catheter Ablation.
P.J. Wang, N.A.M Estes.
2. Morphological Features of Normal and Abnormal Conduction System: Essentials for Interventional Electrophysiologists.
B.M. McManus, S.M. Wood.
3. A Conceptual Approach to Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation of Accessory Pathways Focusing on Electrogram Criteria.
M. Haïssaguerre, P. Jaïs, D.C. Shah, A. Takahashi, S.S. Barold, J. Clémenty.
4. Ablation of Left-Sided Accessory Pathways: Transatrial, Retrograde, or Coronary Sinus Approach?.
J.D. Kugler, D.A. Danford, M.J. Silka, K. Houston, G. Felix & other participating members of Pediatric Electrophysiology Society.
5. Ablation of Right Free Wall Accessory and Mahaim Accessory Pathways.
6. Ablation of Anteroseptal and Midseptal Accessory Pathways.
7. Ablation of Posteroseptal Accessory Pathways.
8. Modification of Atrioventricular Node for Management of Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia.
9. Ablation of Atrial Tachycardias.
J.E. Olgin, W.M. Miles.
10. Atrial Fibrillation: Future Perspectives.
P. Jaïs, M. Haïssaguerre, D.C. Shah, T. Lavergne, S. Garrigue, M. Hocini, A. Takahashi, J. Clémenty.
11. Ablation of Idiopathic Left Ventricular Tachycardia and Right Ventricular Outflow Tract Tachycardia.
W.M. Miles, J.E. Olgin.
12. Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease.
R.D. Fletcher, P. Karasik.
13. Catheter Designs for Interventional Electrophysiology.
B. Avitall, G. Gupta, S. Millard, R. Helms.
Section II: Implantable Cardioverter-Defribrillators.
Section Editor: I. Singer.
14. Indications for Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Therapy: Present and Future.
15. Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Implantation Techniques.
R.K. Reddy, G.K. Jones, G.H. Bardy.
16. Defribrillation Waveforms.
J. Huang, X. Zhu, R.A.S. Cooper, G.P. Walcott, R.E. Ideker.
17. Dual Chamber Sensing and Detection for Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators.
18. Dual Chamber Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator: A Preliminary Experience.
E.M. Aliot, M. Limousin, R. Nitzsche, N. Saoudi, T. Lavergne, C. de Chillou, N. Sadoul, & Defender 9001 Investigator Group.
19. Future Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Technologies.
20. Atrial Defribrillation for Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators: Lead Systems, Waveforms, Detection Algorithms and Results.
B. KenKnight, D.J. Lang, A. Scheiner, R.A.S. Cooper.
21. Atrial Defribrillators.
S.M. Sopher, A.J. Camm.
22. Quality of Life in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation.
B. Lüderitz, W. Jung.
23. Impact of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators on Survival.
24. Clinical Results with the Fourth Generation and Investigational Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators.
W. Jung, B. Lüderitz.
25. Clinical Trials to Evaluate the Survival Benefit of Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators.
26. The Role of Pharmacological Therapy for Ventricular Arrhythmias: Where Do We Go From Here?.
Section III: Surgical Alternatives for Arrhythmia Management.
Section Editor: Igor Singer.
27. Cardiac Mapping Systems and Their Use in Treating Tachyarrhythmias.
G.P. Walcott, S. Reek, H.U. Klein, W.M. Smith, R.E. Ideker.
28. Role of Electrophysiological Mapping for Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation.
J.M. Miller, S.A. Rothman, H.H. Hsia, A.E. Buxton.
29. Surgical Approaches to Supraventricular Tachycardias.
G.M. Guiraudon, G.J. Klein. C.M. Guiraudon, R. Yee.
30. Modifications to the Maze Procedure for Surgical Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation.
31. Surgical Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardias.
G.M. Guiraudon, G.J. Klein, R. Yee, D. Switzer.
Section IV: Advances in Cardic Pacing.
Section Editor: S.S. Barold.
32. Pacemaker Implantation: The Old and the New.
33. The Technique of Transvenous Lead Extraction.
B.L. Wilkoff, A.S. Al-Khadra.
34. New Indications for Cardiac Pacing.
35. Newest Developments in Rate-Adaptive Pacing.
36. Clinical Application of Mode-Switching for Dual Chamber Pacemakers.
K.A. Ellenbogen, M.A. Wood, H.G. Mond, S.S. Barold.
37. Pacemaker Automaticity: Enabled by a Multiplicity of New Algorithms.
P.A. Levine, S.S. Barold.
38. Treatment of Vasovagal Syncope: Is there a Role for Cardiac Pacing?.
D.G. Benditt, K.G. Lurie, G. Fahy, D. Iskos, S. Sakaguchi.