- Read comfortably at any time of day
- Seamless day-to-night reading with Night Mode
- Soft touch finish on front and back for easy grip
- Page-turning buttons for faster reading experience
- Members save 10% off all NOOK tablets, eReaders, and accessories
Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Now Featuring Night Mode
Night Mode allows you to easily shift to a warmer light for comfortable bedtime reading.
Soft touch finish makes it easy to grip and comfortable to hold for hours at a time.
Page-turning buttons give you easier access to the books you love. Jump to the next chapter with a few clicks or fast-flip through multiple pages by holding down on buttons.
More Features & Content
Our Highest Resolution
Enjoy crisper text, enhanced contrast, and a glare-free, scratch-resistant screen.
Featuring GlowLight Illumination
It’s powerful enough to read in bed or in the bright light of the sun. NOOK’s most advanced Ambient (Always-On) GlowLight technology lets you enjoy an evenly dispersed light.
There are two ways to activate Night Mode.
Manual: Adjust the light yourself.
Auto: Mimics the sun’s natural progression throughout the day.
Soft-touch finish makes it easy to grip and comfortable to hold for hours at a time.
Long Battery Life1
It’s perfect for long road trips or even travel to remote corners of the world. Read for up to 50 days on a single charge. Get going and never look back.
So Many Books
Carry thousands of titles everywhere life takes you. Choose from the millions of books Barnes & Noble has to offer — and add to your library in seconds using built-in Wi-Fi®.
Read Across All Your Devices
The free NOOK Reading App™ for iPhone, iPad and Android devices makes it easy to pick up right where you left off. Start a book on your NOOK and continue reading on your smartphone or tablet.
Free Lifetime In-store Support2
Visit any Barnes & Noble Store and receive free in-person support to help you get started, organize your library, or discover your next great read.
Now with B&N Readouts™
Enjoy a quick read for every moment with our new digital discovery feature. Offering a daily selection of free book excerpts, magazine articles, sneak peeks at upcoming releases, and more.
Screen & Resolution
- A 6" high-resolution 300-dpi screen with built-in glare- scratch- and fingerprint-resistant lens provides a paper-like reading experience.
- Read for up to 50 days on a single charge.
- Physical page-turning buttons help you navigate the way you like it.
- Holds thousands of books (8GB memory: 6.5GB for NOOK Store content and side-loaded content).
- All of your purchased eBooks are stored free in the NOOK Cloud.
- Wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n). Free Wi-Fi in all Barnes & Noble stores and at 30 000 AT&T® hotspots nationwide.
- Micro-USB connector charges your battery and connects to your computer.
Suggested File Types4
- Text: ePub, PDF, Adobe DRM ePub and PDF.
- Graphic: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP.
Warranty & Service
- One year limited warranty included.
- Optional Extended Protection Plan sold separately.
- As always, visit your local Barnes & Noble for free lifetime in-person support.(2)
In the Box
- NOOK GlowLight 3
- Micro-USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Rechargeable Battery (installed)
- Built-in anti-glare screen protector
- Based on 30 minutes of testing per day and 1 page refresh per minute with Glowlight at 10% brightness and wireless off. Battery life tests conducted using specific units with an average drop in power of 2% per day. Actual results may vary based on device settings, usage, and many other factors.
- Lifetime in-store support provides assistance for setup, connectivity, and basic troubleshooting when you visit Barnes & Noble bookstores.
- Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Adobe, the Flash logo, and Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
See Details for NOOK GlowLight® 3 member discount