"Food is Love (But Don’t Eat Too Much!)”
Eat less. Eat clean. Avoid these foods. Eating is a life-giving pleasure, but confusing messages from the diet and nutrition industries may leave you wondering what to eat. Do you find yourself:
- Eating food that doesn’t nourish or energize you?
- Munching mindlessly or emotionally?
- Flipping between feeling "good" and "bad" about your eating?
- Thinking about food and your body more than you’d like?
Discover how to trust your body, and to eat with love and common sense:
- Eat without deprivation or overeating
- Accept your body and trust its wisdom
- Deal with setbacks, destructive thoughts, and self-defeating attitudes
- Create healthy habits to nurture yourself
- Ditch dieting so you free yourself to live a life you love.
Nourish will guide you to transform your eating from self-control to self-love, using a 10-step healing process. In this book, Heidi Schauster, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S, founder of Nourishing Words Nutrition Therapy, shares 20 years of wisdom from her Boston-area practice treating disordered and emotional eating.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.48(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Introduction: Food Is Love (But Don’t Eat Too Much) — Why This Mixed Message Hurts
STEP 1: Ditch Dieting for Good
STEP 2: Body Acceptance, If not Love
STEP 3: Awareness Before Action
STEP 4: Body Trust and Deep Listening
STEP 5: Mindful Eating with Nutritional Common Sense
STEP 6: Conscious, Joyful Movement
STEP 7: Clarify Values to Live a Life You Love
STEP 8: Sustaining Self-Care Practices
STEP 9: Developing a Self-Connected Eating Style
STEP 10: Know the Company You Keep: Building a Support Tribe