Nourish Your Tribe will change your family’s relationship with food. It holds the answers to our nourishment crisis and exposes our cultural food norms that contribute to the epidemic of chronic disease affecting half of all Americans. In Nourish Your Tribe, Nicole Magryta, an expert in clinical nutrition, describes the powerful impact food and the environment have on our children’s development and long-term success. Using clear parenting techniques, illustrations, and the latest science-verified nutritional recommendations, she shares expert guidance to maximize your family’s lifelong health and minimize illness.
Nourish Your Tribe includes:
- Nutrition recommendations proven to strengthen your child’s immune system and improve brain function, sleep, mood, and concentration.
- Information about how food and nourishment link to common childhood conditions like ADHD, anxiety, headaches, IBS, eczema, and mood and behavior issues.
- Groundbreaking data showing how foods can influence our genes.
- Steps to improve and nurture your family’s gut bacteria, the most essential tool for optimal health.
- Effective strategies for picky eaters and behavioral tips to encourage healthy eating.
- Surprising news about environmental toxins and how to dramatically reduce exposure.
- A seven-day whole food meal plan with over 60 kid-tested recipes.
Empowering and hands-on, Nourish Your Tribe acknowledges that quality nourishment is essential to reach full human potential — crucial knowledge for parents committed to raising healthy children.
|Publisher:||Purple Bear Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.69(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Why Is Nutrition so Important?
Chapter 2 The Changing Face of Food
Chapter 3 Ancient Answers to Modern Problems: The Diet-Disease Connection
Chapter 4 How Our Genes Respond to Food
Chapter 5 The Microbiome: Your Body’s MVP
Chapter 6 Good Foods for a Happy Gut
Chapter 7 Food for Your Tribe
Chapter 8 Reducing Your Family’s Toxic Body Burden
Chapter 9 “Just One More Bite”: Eating Behaviors and Strategies to Encourage Healthy Choices
Chapter 10 Nourished Tribe Recipes and Meal Plans
Appendix A: Grains and Gluten Concerns
Appendix B: Supplementation Buying Guide
Resources and Recommended Reading
About the Author