Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Congratulations! You've finished a novel.
What an accomplishment! Now what?
Now, you need a innovative, in-depth guide to revision.
Before revision: Nice Story
After revision: Richer, deeper-the novel of your dreams.
Novice or Seasoned: For aspiring novelists, mid-list novelists who want to break out, novelists who want to self-publish-successfully, writers who have completed NaNoWriMo but don't know what to do next, and writing critique groups looking for a way to help each other to the next level.
Revising has never been easier
- Systematically inventory and diagnose your manuscript
- Visually manipulate your manuscript to identify problems
- Transform dull characters into fascinating, memorable people
- Strengthen the narrative and emotional arcs
- Sharpen dialogue
- Morph dull settings into backdrops that set the mood
- Enliven narrated events by selecting the right details
- Use language with confidence
- Add depth with narrative patterning In-depth professional development
- Plan your novel's metamorphosis
A stronger, richer, deeper story, a story that makes readers weep and cry and turn the next page.Novel Metamorphosis, unlike most books on revision, turns theory into radical new tools which are practical, tangible, concrete.
- Cut straight to the heart of your manuscript's problem
- Develop your writing and editing skills
- Understand the critical underlying structure of your story
- Learn theory as you work
- Spark in-depth discussions in your critique group
In 1999, Darcy created the highly acclaimed Novel Revision Retreat and has since taught it across the United States; alumni of that retreat include Kirby Larson with Hattie Big Sky and Caroline Starr Rose with May B. With this workbook from the retreat, you can accomplish the same things in yourown home.
Get started now turning your first draft into a masterpiece!
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.28(d)|