Nuclear Medicine: The Requisites / Edition 3 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
The 3rd Edition of this successful resource continues to present an easy and affordable way to master core knowledge and review important facts pertinent to the specialty. A concise, user-friendly formatwith at-a-glance illustrations, boxes, and tablesenables you to access information quickly. Revised throughout to reflect the very latest advances in the field, it makes an excellent study source for certification and recertification review as well as clinical reference.
• Presents clear descriptions of nuclear medicine principles and techniques.
• Emphasizes the core knowledge needed for certification and practice in a clear and succinct manner.
• Offers sample protocols for each procedure.
• Provides an excellent resource at an inexpensive price.
• Presents revised Nuclear Cardiology, Neurology, Endocrine System, and Genitourinary System chapters that reflect the rapid expansion of PET imaging, including a whole new chapter on F-18 FDG PET imaging.
• Features expanded use of Pearls, Pitfalls, and Frequently Asked Questions for more helpful information.
About the Author
Professor of Radiology, Director of Nuclear Medicine Imaging, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Directorof Nuclear Medicine and Clinical PET, Assistant Professor of Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
Radiologist-in-Chief Department of Radiology Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Table of Contents
I. BASIC PRINCIPLES
2. Nuclear Medicine Physics
3. Radiation Detection and Instrumentation
4. SPCT and PET
II. CLINICAL NUCLEAR MEDICINE
5. Endocrine System
6. Skeletal System
7. Hepatobiliary System
8. Genitourinary System
9. Oncology – Single Photon
10. Oncology – Positron Emission Tomography
11. Gastrointestinal System
12. Infection and Inflammation
13. Central Nervous System
14. Cardiac System
15. Pulmonary System
16. Pearls, Pitfalls and Frequently Asked Questions