Get the essential tools you need to make an accurate diagnosis with Nuclear Medicine: The Requisites! The newest edition of his bestselling volume by Drs. Harvey Ziessman, Janis O'Malley, and James Thrall delivers the conceptual, factual, and interpretive information you need for effective clinical practice in nuclear medicine imaging, as well as for certification and recertification review.
• Prepare for the written board exam and for clinical practice with critical information on nuclear medicine physics, detection and instrumentation, SPECT and PET imaging, and clinical nuclear medicine imaging.
• Get the best results from today's most technologically advanced approaches, including hybrid imaging, PET/CT, and SPECT/CT, as well as recent developments in instrumentation, radiopharmaceuticals, and molecular imaging.
• Clearly visualize the findings you're likely to see in practice and on exams with nearly 200 vibrant new full-color images.
• Access the fully searchable text and downloadable images online at www.expertconsult.com.
Table of Contents
PART I. BASIC PRINCIPLES
2. Molecular Imaging
3. Physics in Nuclear Medicine
4. Radiation Detection and Instrumentation
5. Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography, Positron Emission Tomography, and Hybrid Imaging
PART II. CLINICAL NUCLEAR MEDICINE
6. Endocrine System
7. Skeletal Scintigraphy
8. Hepatobiliary System
9. Genitourinary System
10. Pulmonary System
11. Oncology: Positron Emission Tomography
12. Oncology: Non-Positron Emission Tomography
13. Gastrointestinal System
14. Infection and Inflammation
15. Central Nervous System
16. Cardiac System
17. Pearls, Pitfalls and Frequently Asked Questions