- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Ideal for gift-giving or personal use, this inspirational daily reader is designed to help nurses reflect on the magnificent aspects of their profession. Depicting the similarities and bonds of nurses from the past and present through their causes, struggles, and accomplishments, this unique companion describes the contributions of 366 nurses and addresses the history of nursing, as well as the contemporary issues that nurses are facing today.
• Stories of hope are offered to inspire nurses despite the challenges they face because of the nursing shortage and demands on the health care system.
• Formatted as a daily reader, it provides a look into the life of a nurse for every day of the year.
• Each daily entry includes:
• Quotes that provide an opportunity for reflection about nursing leadership and scholarship.
• Descriptions that provide a "snap shot" of each nurse's contributions.
• A Biography with information about each nurse's background, education, achievements, and honors.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||1.63(w) x 6.14(h) x 9.21(d)|
Table of Contents
Note to Reader
"Santa Filomena" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
WINTER: January, February, March
SPRING: April, May, June
SUMMER: July, August, September
AUTUMN: October, November, December
Additional Biography, References, and Credits
Index of Featured Nurses
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This magnificent book will impress and inspire nurses around the world. The 365 heroic nurses portrayed in this book will encourage and inspire nurses and others involved in health care. Every nurse should have this book; Doctors should read it too. It should be required reading in every nursing school in the country.