Designed as a tool to help nurses apply concepts and theories to practice, this book considers the ideas of well-known nursing theorists and relates the work of each tot he nursing process. Chapters are organized to relate the theorist's work to the nursing metaparadigm, the nursing process, characteristics of a theory, and strengths and limitations of the theory.
Quanitiative and qualitative research methods now in each chapter. An emphasis on the use of nursing theory in clinical practice. Chapters on the work of Artinian and Conger, as well as the introduction of an interdisciplinary model.
For nursing professionals.
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.12(d)|
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Nursing Theory.
2. Nursing Theory in Clinical Practice.
3. Environmental Model: Florence Nightingale.
4. Interpersonal Relations in Nursing: Hildegard E. Peplau.
5. Definitions and Components of Nursing: Virginia Henderson.
6. Care, Core, and Cure: Lydia E. Hall.
7. Self-Care Deficit Nursing Theory: Dorothea E. Orem.
8. Behavioral System Model: Dorothy E. Johnson.
9. Patient-Centered Approaches: Faye G. Abdellah.
10. Nursing Process Discipline: Ida Jean Orlando.
11. The Prescriptive Theory of Nursing: Ernestine Wiedenbach.
12. The Conservation Principles, A Model for Health: Myra. E. Levine
13. Systems Framework and Theory of Goal Attainment: Imogene M. King.
14. Science of Unitary Human Beings: Martha E. Rogers.
15. Roy Adaptation Model: Sister Callista Roy.
16. The Neuman Systems Model: Betty Neuman.
17. Humanistic Nursing: Josephine G. Paterson & Loretta T. Zderad.
18. Theory of Transpersonal Caring: Jean Watson.
19. Theory of Human Becoming: Rosemarie R. Parse.
20. The Modeling and Role-Modeling Theory: Helen C. Erickson, Evelyn M. Tomlin, & M. A. P. Swain.
21. Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality: Madeleine M. Leininger.
22. Health as Expanding Consciousness: Margaret Newman.
23. Nursing as Caring: Anne Boykin & Savina Schoenhofer.
24. Using Nursing Theory in Clinical Practice.
25. Nursing Theory and Practice with Other Disciplines.