Nutrition and Diet Therapy / Edition 6 available in Paperback
An AJN Book of the Year Award Winner!
Meet the ever-changing demands of providing quality nutritional care for patients across the lifespan. This popular text provides a strong foundation in the science of nutrition and a clear understanding of how to apply that knowledge in practice, recognizing the need for nurses to work with other healthcare professionals to ensure optimal nutrition in patient care.
Thoroughly updated and revised, it combines nursing care with the nutritional information pertinent to today’s classroom and clinical practice settings.
“The nursing students really struggled with nutrition concepts and application to nursing. The book is well written and easy for the student to understand. Our Nutrition ATI scores improved dramatically after adding the book to the nursing courses.”
- Carolyn Boiman PhD, RN, Instructor
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
I. The Role of Nutrients in the Human Body
1. Nutrition in Human Health
5. Energy Balance
9. Digestion, Absorption, Metabolism, and Excretion
II. Family and Community Nutrition
10. Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy and Lactation
11. Life Cycle Nutrition: Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence ?
III. Clinical Nutrition
12. Life Cycle Nutrition: The Mature Adult
13. Food Management
14. Nutrient Delivery
15. Interactions: Food and Nutrients Versus Medications and Supplements
16. Weight Management
17. Diet in Diabetes Mellitus and Hypoglycemia
18. Diet in Cardiovascular Disease
19. Diet in Renal Disease
20. Diet in Digestive Diseases
21. Diet and Cancer
22. Nutrition in Critical Care
23. Diet in HIV and AIDS
24. Nutritional Care of the Terminally Ill
A . Dietary Reference Intakes for Individuals
B. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Exchange Lists for Diabetes
C. Answers to Questions