Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Nutrition, Health, and Safety for Young Children: Promoting Wellness / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
• Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
– Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
– The study plan links to text excerpts activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
• Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
• Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
• Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
• Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
• Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
Table of Contents
Part 1: Promoting Wellness
Chapter 1: The Interconnection of Nutrition, Health, and Safety
Chapter 2: Teaching Wellness Concepts to Young Children
Part 2: Promoting Good Nutrition
Chapter 3: Foundations of Optimal Nutrition
Chapter 4: Understanding the Science of Nutrition
Chapter 5: Feeding Infants and Toddlers
Chapter 6: Feeding Preschoolers and School-Age Children
Chapter 7: Menu Planning
Chapter 8: Food Safety
Part 3: Promoting Healthful Practices
Chapter 9: Creating a Climate of Heath and Wellness
Chapter 10: Health Screening and Assessment
Chapter 11: Managing Infectious Disease
Chapter 12: Teaching Children with Special Health Needs
Chapter 13: Children’s Mental Health
Part 4: Promoting Safety
Chapter 14: Ensuring Physical and Emotional Safety
Chapter 15: Creating Safe Environments
Chapter 16: Promoting Safe Practices through Effective Classroom Management
Chapter 17: Responding to Emergencies and Illness
Chapter 18: Child Abuse and Neglect