Completely updated, revised, and expanded, this fourth edition is a "survival manual" for new teachers, offering the most current thinking in undergraduate nursing education for ADN-BSN levels. Additionally, it serves as a comprehensive guide for the novice educator in all aspects of classroom and clinical teaching. Chapters are brimming with helpful strategies for making clinical assignments, preparing lectures and seminars, all aspects of testing and grading, supervision, facilitating group study, using technology, selecting textbooks, guiding independent study, and helping students to improve their writing skills. This new edition also features partnerships between university and clinical settings to facilitate the team work that is a paradigm for modern health care institutions.
- Presents a "nuts and bolts" teaching guide for the novice educators, from ADN-BSN levels
- Distills the best practices and lessons learned in the partnership between the academic and clinical worlds
- Serves as a quick refresher for the experienced educator who has not had a clinical teaching assignment and/or a classroom assignment for some time
- Addresses new cross-disciplinary "team" approach to assessment and intervention
- Features links to online resources in each chapter, including revised templates for checklists and rubrics
- Authored by noted national and international experts in nursing education
- Provides a digital adjunct of templates and checklists for educator use