NVQs for Dental Nurses provides trainee dental nurses with a central course companion for the National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Oral Healthcare. It offers comprehensive support on mandatory units of the course in addition to supplying material on the optional units most common to clinical dentistry.
Modern to the core, the book will develop the NVQ dental nurse’s understanding of current dental practice, as well as providing refreshing reading for those educated on the ‘National’ course.
The book positions dental nursing within a progressive education framework and embraces an holistic ethos of patient care. It provides essential reading for students of dental nursing and is a timely addition to the literature for practising, returning or refocusing dental nurses.
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.52(d)|
About the Author
Carole Hollins is sole owner of a general dental practice in Staffordshire, from where she runs regular training courses for dental nurses. She is a member of the British Dental Association, and Faculty of General Dental Practitioners, and an examiner and council member of the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses.
Table of Contents
How to Use This Book.
1. Applied Biology and Physiology.
2. Regional and Dental Anatomy.
3. Health, Safety and Security in Dental Practice.
4. Control and Maintenance of Cross-Infection and Sterilisation.
5. Oral Diseases.
6. Oral Health Motivation, Protection and Promotion.
7. Support of Clinical Assessment of Oral Health.
8. Dental Radiography.
9. Tooth Restoration.
10. Prosthetic Dentistry.
11. Non-surgical and Surgical Endodontics.
12. Extractions and Minor Oral Surgery.
14. Communication, Confidentiality and Patient's Rights.
15. Development of Knowledge and Practice.