This edition presents observation skills in conjunction with effective teaching practices. Presents observation skills according to eight areas related to positive outcomes in learners which include: learning climate, classroom management, lesson clarity, instructional variety, task orientation, student engagement, student success, and higher thought processes. Prepares pre-service teachers, student teachers, and first year teachers for classroom observation.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.28(w) x 10.78(h) x 0.65(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Lenses For Observing.
3. Making Classroom Visits.
4. “Seeing” Beyond Personal Experiences and Expectations.
5. Considering the Learning Climate.
6. Focusing On Classroom Management.
7. Looking For Lesson Clarity.
8. Verifying Instructional Variety.
9. Observing Task Orientation.
10. Examining Engagement in the Learning Process.
11. Measuring Student Success.
12 Looking For Higher Thought Processes and Performance Outcomes.
Appendix: How to Determine Percentage of Observer Agreement for a Counting Observation System.