Invaluable for anyone making career and education decisions, writing resumes, or preparing for interviews, this comprehensive reference book is the definitive source of accurate, up-to-date information on more than 325 jobs.
Each job description in the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) provides individuals with insight about earnings, training, education, job growth, work tasks, and much more. Individuals can also complete an assessment in the book that matches their personality type to jobs.
A bonus chapter explains how workforce professionals, educators, librarians, and career counselors can help job seekers, career changers, students, and others make the most of the wealth of information provided in the OOH.
Using the OOH to achieve career success
- Identify job targets
- Write resumes using information in the job descriptions
- Identify skills to emphasize in interviews
- Gain an advantage in salary negotiations
- Explore career interests
- Choose promising career paths
- Understand the training or education required to qualify for jobs
- Uncover more interesting jobs that require similar skills
- Learn about the training needed to enter new careers
- Research alternative careers
- Pinpoint related jobs with better growth potential
- Prepare for promotions or job changes
- Determine earnings for similar or different jobs
- Identify additional training needs