Fast-track your development skills to build powerful Odoo 10 business applicationsAbout This Book
- Get the most up-to-date guide on Odoo 10 and learn how to build excellent business applications with Odoo
- This example-rich, easy-to-follow guide enables you to build apps appropriate to your business needs
- Create solid business applications with the help of this precise, to-the-point guide
This book caters to developers who are familiar with Python and MVC design and now want to build effective business applications using Odoo.What You Will Learn
- Install Odoo from source code and use all the basic techniques to setup and manage your Odoo server instances
- Create your first Odoo application
- Add Odoo's social and messaging features to your own modules
- Get to know the essentials of Models and Views
- Understand and use the server API to add business logic
- Use Qweb to create custom Reports
- Extend Odoo CMS features to create your own website controllers and pages
- Leverage Odoo Workflows on your applications
- Write module automated tests and debugging techniques
- Deploy your Odoo applications for production use
Odoo is one of the fastest growing open source, business application development software products available. With announcement of Odoo 10, there are many new features added to Odoo and the face of business applications developed with Odoo has changed. This book will not only teach you how to build and customize business applications with Odoo, but it also covers all the new features that Odoo has to offer.
This book is the latest resource on developing and customizing Odoo 10 applications. It comes packed with much more and refined content than its predecessor. It will start with building business applications from scratch and will cover topics such as module extensions, inheritance, working with data, user interfaces, and so on. The book also covers the latest features of Odoo 10, in addition to front end development, testing and debugging techniques. The book will also talk about Odoo Community and Odoo Enterprise.Style and approach
This book follows a step-by-step practical approach where you will learn new concepts with every progressing chapter and create apps for business development.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.62(d)|
About the Author
Daniel Reis has been an active contributor in the Odoo community and a speaker at Odoo and other tech events. He is a member of the Board at the Odoo Community Association (OCA) and partner and advisor at Odoo integrator ThinkOpen Solutions. Daniel has a degree in Applied Mathematics, a Master in Business Administration, IT consultancy background, and he currently works as applications manager at Securitas Portugal.