Vietnam is a land of staggering beauty with wild picturesque mountains and a coastline that stretches almost endlessly along the South China Sea. Although the signs of destruction are never far from view, the country's inextricable association with the conflict between the North and South has finally been laid to rest, and it is once again possible to appreciate Vietnam for the richness of its traditional culture and the exuberance of its diverse people. The Odyssey Guide to Vietnam provides comprehensive coverage of this extraordinary country with up-to-date practical information, discussions of its historic and political history and a series of special topics and literary excerpts giving additional insight into the land which has been called 'country of smiles with a thousand meanings'.
* New revised and expanded second edition
* Advice on what to expect when visiting Vietnam
* Description of places to visit include those recently added to the tourist map
* Special topics provide added insight into Vietnamese culture
* Writings by Graham Greene, Ho Chi Minh and Norman Lewis amongst the literary excerpts
* Many new color photographs
* Excellent reading for the business, armchair, or individual traveler