It's everywhere. It's amusing, annoying, political, provocative and sexist, unsightly, insensitive and often funny. But despite its occasional nuisance value, it is oftenas the song says"the words of the prophets written on the subway wall." Taken directly off the walls of our subways, alleys, washrooms, buildings and bridges, Off the Wall is a brilliant collection culled from the author's long and fascinating search over many years.
Perhaps nowhere else can, or does, the general public more accurately or unselfconsciously express itself than through graffiti. Often appearing magically overnight, what we really think is painted or scratched, in the heat of the moment or after careful thought. Conversations between strangers materialize in impersonal washrooms and vapid political statements are emblazoned across walls for all to seeand consider.
Off the Wall: Graffiti for the Soul, is a fun and voyeuristic look at others' thoughts. A great collection of inane, amusing and unique humor, this diverting book will make an unusual gift and a popular conversation starters.
Here's a sampling of the gems you'll find in Off the Wall:
- Originality is the art of concealing your sources
- The press is free only if you own one
- Prepare to meet God! (Jacket and tie, no jeans)
- Skinheads have more hair than brains
- Why isn't phonetics spelled the way it sounds
- I enjoy failure, because it can be achieved with so little effort
- I like it and him, in that order
- I've been faithful to my girlfriend several times
- Education kills by degrees
- In law school, your IQ decreases by 10 each year
- I like my job. It's the work I don't like
- It takes about 10 years to get used to how old you are.
About the Author:
Ernie Zelinski is a consultant and professional speaker in the field of applying creativity to business and leisure. He is the author of The Joy of Not Working which has taught over 100,000 people in several countries about living every part of their liveswork and play, employment, unemployment and retirement aliketo the fullest. He is also the author of The Joy of Thinking Big, a book on how to profit from creativity at work or play. He lives in Edmonton, Alberta.
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 6.50(h) x 0.75(d)|
About the Author
collected by Ernie J. Zelinski