- Get it by Monday, October 23 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Nobody ever said that oil painting was easy. But it gets much easier and a lot more fun when you follow a step-by-step approach that starts you off on the right foot, helps you build your skills one at a time, and gives you plenty of exercises to develop your craft. That’s what you’ll find in Oil Painting For Dummies.
Completely free of arty jargon, this full-color guide has all the hands-on instruction you need to master the basics. You’ll see how to plan a painting, build an image in layers, mix colors, and create stunning compositions. You’ll also find everything you need to know about oil paints, solvents, and pigments; brushes, palettes, and painting surfaces; and how to keep costs down at the art supply store. Discover how to:
- Choose the right supplies
- Set up your studio and care for your equipment
- Handle your materials safely
- Develop your design and composition skills
- Make practice sketches and studies
- Use broken stroke, dry brush, glazing, scraffito and other brush strokes
- Try out different compositions
- Mix any color you want
- Simplify tricky still-life subjects
- Paint landscapes and common objects out doors
- Paint portraits and the human form
Complete with handy color chart, basic materials list, and a very useful viewing square, Oil Painting For Dummies is the fun and easy way to discover your inner artist!
|Series:||For Dummies Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Anita Giddings and Sherry Stone Clifton are award-winning artist-educators who have made careers out of teaching beginning artists of all aspirations.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This is an excelent book for anyone who has an interest in oil painting! It can take a beginner like myself and easily develop your talent to professional. It is a book for anyone from beginner to the artist interested in refining their talent! My artistically talented friends say this book is a must have for your art library!
I would recommend this book to anyone who is new to painting. I am a professional illustrator, and read this book in an effort to improve my knowledge of oil painting techniques. I did find a few very good pieces of information. Mostly, it helped to clarify the steps needed to create a finished painting. The step-by-step illustrations were very helpful as well.