NEW REVISED 3rd EDITION
Contemporary nutritional science owes a great deal to Dr. Budwig's early discoveries on fat metabolism and healing.
This brilliant scientific mind has put together a wonderfully imaginative best seller "cookbook" - a guide for the use of healthy oils in daily meal preparation.
Not only will readers discover over 500 imaginative and delicious meal possibilities using the healing powers of flax oil, they will also learn more about how "good" fats and "bad" fats impact our health and our lives - as Dr. Budwig continues to elaborate on her scientific studies throughout the contents of this book.
- Learn about 'good' fats and 'bad' f ats - and the proper use of fats in daily cooking
- Find out how to select nutritionally superior foods
- Discover how Quark and Flax Seed Oil offermaximum strength & energy
- Recipes for the young & the young-at-heart, the convalescing, as well as the athlete
- Create healthy entrees, soups & salads, sauces,snacks, dips and desserts - for the whole family
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.30(d)|
About the Author
Studies in pharmacy, chemistry, and medicine earned her a doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in physics - and during the 1940's and 50's, she furthered research to detect, isolate and identify fatty substances in the human blood.
Dr. Budwig compared the blood analysis of thousands of healthy individuals to those with degenerative diseases such as cancer, diabetes and liver disease. The results were revolutionary.
Dr. Budwigs's test results conclusively showed that the diseased patients were deficient in specific nutritional factors, particularly the essential fatty acid, linoleic acid. These patients were also lacking adequate levels of phosphatide and lipoprotein necessary for good health.
She concluded that sulfur-based proteins, essential fatty acids, and phosphatide are absolutely critical to building and maintaining healthy cells.
Dr. Budwig lived well into her ninety's and her tireless dedication and research in the field of nutrition precipitated her nomination for the Nobel Prize seven times over the course of her long and illustrious scientific career.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- OIL, THE VITAL INGREDIENT OF OUR TIME
- GUIDELINES FOR NUTRITION
- THE TRANSITION
- DAILY PLAN
- THE QUARK/FLAX SEED OIL APPROACH
- Quark/Flax Seed Oil
- Quark/Flax Seed Oil As a Chutney Side Dish
- Quark/Flax Seed Oil As Chutney a La Tscha-Tschi
- Salad Recipes
- Buckwheat, Rice and Other Cereals, Potatoes, Legumes, etc.
- Sauces and Side Dishes
- Menu Suggestions
- Special Circumstances
- GUIDELINES TOWARDS BETTER HEALTH