- String Quartet No. 14 in A flat major, B. 193 (Op. 105)
- String Quartet No. 13 in G major, B. 192 (Op. 106)
- Cypresses (Ohlas písní [Echoes of Songs]), for string quartet (arr. from Cypresses, B. 11), B. 152
- String Quintet for 2 violins, 2 violas & cello in E flat major ("American"), B. 180 (Op. 97)
- String Quartet No. 11 in C major, B. 121 (Op.61)
- String Quartet No. 10 in E flat major, B. 92 (Op. 51)
The Emerson String Quartet, winner of nine Grammy Awards, releases an album of works never recorded during the course of their 30-year career. Old World - New World has been a long cherished dream and features the Emerson's favorite Dvorák middle and late string quartets.
A bonanza of romantic melody, not a note on this three-CD release has ever before been recorded by the Emersons. The set also includes Dvorák’s youthful and infrequently performed song cycle on the subject of love, Cypresses, which provides a compelling thematic trove for several of these enamoring quartets. From the Label