All the Left Hand of Death wants is something to call her own, but is the price too high?
Ellaeva, the fated avatar of the death goddess, is desperate to track down her missing family but the trail is decades old. Instead, she discovers her battered and bloodied sister priestesses driven across the Jerreki border on pain of death. Ellaeva must turn aside from her personal quest to investigate the murders, only to find her parents have been taken into the heart of the conflict.
Lyram Aharris, favoured son of the royal line of Ahlleyn, is the only living person she trusts to help her infiltrate the enemy stronghold and uproot the horror they find there, but their chequered past threatens the mission. Accompanying him is his crown prince, the one man Lyram wants dead above all others.
Now Ellaeva must face down the darkness in her soul before a dark god is brought into the world.
At the boundary of life and death, all oaths will be tested.
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the second book in "The Sundered Oath" series of dark, epic fantasies. [DRM-Free]
BOOKS BY C.J. BALLINTYNE:
- The Sundered Oath – Book 1: "In the Company of the Dead"
- The Sundered Oath – Book 2: "On the Edge of Death"
- The Sundered Oath – Book 3: "To Make the Dead Weep"
- The Sundered Oath – Book 4: "To Play Death's Hand" [Coming Soon]
- The Seven Circles of Hell – Book 1: "Confronting the Demon"
- The Seven Circles of Hell – Book 2: "Stalking the Demon"
- The Seven Circles of Hell – Book 3: "Becoming the Demon"
- The Seven Circles of Hell – Book 4: "Being the Demon" [Coming Soon]
MORE GREAT FANTASY FROM EVOLVED PUBLISHING:
- The "Kingdom in Chains" Series by J.W. Zulauf
- "Shadow Swarm" by D. Robert Pease
- The "Stormbourne Chronicles" Series by Karissa Laurel
- The "Essence of Ohr" Series by Parris Sheets
- The "Hellbound" Series by William LJ Galaini
Related collections and offers
About the Author
C.J. Ballintyne grew up on a steady diet of adult epic fantasy from the age of nine, resulting in a rather confused outlook on life – believing the good guys should always win, but knowing they often don’t. C.J. is an oxymoron; an idealistic cynic.
C.J.’s attempts at the craft of writing began in 1992, culminating in the publication of Confronting the Demon, the first book in “The Seven Circles of Hell” series, in 2013. In the Company of the Dead is C.J’s first book published by Evolved Publishing, and the first book in “The Sundered Oath” series.
For fun, C.J. speculates about taking over the world – how hard can it really be? If C.J. could be anything, it would be a dragon, but to be honest, C.J. shares more in common with Dr. Gregory House of House M.D. – both the good and the bad. C.J. is a browncoat, a saltgunner, a Whedonite, a Sherlockian, a Ringer and a Whovian... OK, most major geek fandoms. C.J. holds degrees in law and accounting and is a practising financial services lawyer.
C.J. lives in Sydney, Australia, with two daughters and a growing menagerie of animals that includes two horses but unfortunately no dragons.