The word devotions strikes terror into the hearts of many dads...something dull and guilt-producing you read at 5 a.m. before you do your 100 push-ups.
Enter Jay Payleitner, exit terror. Father of five and bestselling author of 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad (over 75,000 sold), Jay knows how regular guys think because he is one. His 125-plus coaching sessions--devotions, if you must--offer unexpected but relevant topics and touches of wacky humor, with titles like
- "Dumping Allowed" (listening to your kids)
- "Let 'Em Fly" (releasing your "arrows"--your children)
- "Mile Marker 12:1" (teaching endurance)
- "The Circle Game" (telling your kids, "We're in this together")
- "Thou Shalt Not Whine" (God always has a plan)
"What About You?" sections leave readers with a straightforward thing to do or consider for their day. Dads, younger or older, will be encouraged by Jay's seasoned wisdom and God-centered thinking. Great gift item.
|Publisher:||Harvest House Publishers|
|Product dimensions:||4.40(w) x 6.12(h) x 0.86(d)|
About the Author