Ken Brown shows golfers in clear language and photographs how to excel on the putting green. He taps his experience as a winning pro golfer and a broadcaster and analyst on the tournament circuit to share his secrets to perfect putting. He has earned a reputation as a golf guru and his advice is sought regularly by players looking to reduce their handicap.
Brown's success sinking putts gave him his nickname, "One Putt". He uses his "climb the ladder" progression technique to one-putting: develop a perfect set up, read the greens, acquire touch, and feel and hone skills through practice drills. Featuring his analyses and anecdotes from decades of experience, this beautifully illustrated, clearly organized book makes it easy and entertaining to improve this crucial golfing skill.
Tight, easy-to-read text and a generous serving of how-to and step-by-step photographs demonstrate the techniques, while directional arrows and inset boxes clarify the instructions for the player.
The book includes:
- Choosing a Putter -- Length; Lie; Loft; Weight; The sweet spot; Moment of inertia; Insets, grooves and sounds off the face; Balance; Face depth; Shaft flex; Grips and grip alignment; Try before you buy; Look after your putter; Putters and their features.
- The Basic Set-up -- Grip fundamentals; Take your grip; Address; The set-ups of six pros
- Reading Greens -- Approach the green; Mend the pitch mark; Yardage books; The cut lines
- The Set-up Routine -- Rehearse
- The Stroke -- The final frontier; Fitting it together; Useful tips
- Touch and Feel -- Cause and effect; One-handed putting; Stimpmeter; Putting aids; Drills
- Tips and Drills -- Plan your practice; The 'Ken on the Course' one putt improver; The Drills; Keep a score; Warming up; Stretching; The ultimate fix
- One Putting! -- Learn from six of the best; Positive thinking
- Putting Rules.
With a foreword by pro Seve Ballesteros and endorsements from Lee Westwood and Sir Nick Faldo, One Putt is sure to reduce those unwelcome extra putts on the green.
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||7.20(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Ken Brown is a four-time European Tour winner, PGA Tour champion, and five-time Ryder Cup player. As the BBC's golf analyst, his 'Ken on the Course' features at the US Masters and US Open are must-see features for golf fans worldwide.