An essential tool for dispute resolution professionals as well as for anyone considering using dispute resolution in their lives and work, Online Dispute Resolution explains the many diverse and unique applications of doing conflict resolution online. The expert authors examine the tremendous growth of online dispute resolution-including its use by eBay and other e-commerce companies-and reveal the enormous possibilities to come, along with the many employment opportunities for practitioners in the field. They show how the online environment will affect the role of those who are concerned with dispute resolution just as it has brought changes to those who practice law, sell stocks, or run for office. For those who see the value of technology as a critical building block in the future of dispute resolution, Online Dispute Resolution will be an indispensable resource.
|Edition description:||1 ED|
|Product dimensions:||6.30(w) x 9.29(h) x 0.83(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The Impact of Cyberspace on Disputes and Dispute Resolution.
2. A Brief History of ODR.
3. Understanding the ODR Process.
4. Introducing the Fourth Party: The Critical Role of Technology.
5. Facilitating Agreement: ODR and Offline Dispute Resolution.
6. How Mediators Can Facilitate "Screen to Screen" Agreement: A Primer for Conflict Resolution Professionals Entering ODR.
Appendix 1: Online Literature and Resources about ODR.
Appendix 2: ODR Programs and Ventures.
Appendix 3: Reed Publishing v. Select Gourmet Foods (Sample Domain Name Dispute Decision)
Appendix 4: SquareTrade Direct Negotiation Process.
Appendix 5: Online Ombuds Office Dispute Transcript.