Integrate, deploy, rapidly configure, and successfully manage your own big dataintensive clusters in the cloud using OpenStack SaharaAbout This Book
- A fast paced guide to help you utilize the benefits of Sahara in OpenStack to meet the Big Data world of Hadoop.
- A step by step approach to simplify the complexity of Hadoop configuration, deployment and maintenance.
This book targets data scientists, cloud developers and Devops Engineers who would like to become proficient with OpenStack Sahara. Ideally, this book is well suitable for readers who are familiars with databases, Hadoop and Spark solutions. Additionally, a basic prior knowledge of OpenStack is expected. The readers should also be familiar with different Linux boxes, distributions and virtualization technology.What You Will Learn
- Integrate and Install Sahara with OpenStack environment
- Learn Sahara architecture under the hood
- Rapidly configure and scale Hadoop clusters on top of OpenStack
- Explore the Sahara REST API to create, deploy and manage a Hadoop cluster
- Learn the Elastic Processing Data (EDP) facility to execute jobs in clusters from Sahara
- Cover other Hadoop stable plugins existing supported by Sahara
- Discover different features provided by Sahara for Hadoop provisioning and deployment
- Learn how to troubleshoot OpenStack Sahara issues
The Sahara project is a module that aims to simplify the building of data processing capabilities on OpenStack.
The goal of this book is to provide a focused, fast paced guide to installing, configuring, and getting started with integrating Hadoop with OpenStack, using Sahara.
The book should explain to users how to deploy their dataintensive Hadoop and Spark clusters on top of OpenStack. It will also cover how to use the Sahara REST API, how to develop applications for Elastic Data Processing on Openstack, and setting up hadoop or spark clusters on Openstack.Style and approach
This book takes a step by step approach teaching how to integrate, deploy and manage data using OpenStack Sahara. It will teach how the OpenStack Sahara is beneficial by simplifying the complexity of Hadoop configuration, deployment and maintenance.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.38(d)|
About the Author
Omar Khedher is a systems and network engineer. He worked for a few years in cloud computing environments and was involved in several private cloud projects based on OpenStack. Leveraging his skills as a system administrator in virtualisation, storage, and networking, he works as cloud system engineer for a leading advertising technology company, Fyber, based in Berlin. Currently, together with several highly skilled professional teams in the market, they collaborate to build a high scalable infrastructure based on the cloud platform.
Omar is also the author of another OpenStack book, Mastering OpenStack, Packt Publishing. He has authored also few academic publications based on new researches for the cloud performance improvement.