- Idomeneo, rè di Creta, opera, K. 366: Act 1. Scene 1. Recitative and No. 1 Aria. Quando
- Don Giovanni, opera, K. 527: Act 2. Scene 12. No. 23. Accompanied Recitative an
- Benvenuto Cellini, opera, H. 76a, Op. 23: Act 1. Tableau 1. Scene 2. Recitative and Aria. Le
- Manon, comic opera in 5 acts: Act 3. Scene 1. No. 10. Recitative and Gavotte. Su
- Lucia di Lammermoor, opera: Part 1. No. 3. Scene and Cavatina. Ancor non giuns
- La Sonnambula, opera: Act 1. Scene 1. No. 2. Recitative and Cavatina. Ca
- Faust, opera: Act 3. No. 14. Recitative and Chanson. Les grands
- Rusalka, opera, B. 203 (Op. 114): Act 1. Mesícku na nebi hlubokém (Song to the Moon)
- La bohème, opera: Act 2. Quando men vo (Musetta's Waltz)
Anna Netrebko is an opera director's dream, with a face and figure that's as pleasing to the eye as her voice is to the ear. And, if that were not enough, she's got charisma, too. Of course, on a recording one has only one's aural senses to go on, but something of the Russian-born soprano's magnetic personality and striking physical presence come through on this, her first solo album. Her Manon (in Massenet's eponymous opera) is not merely a coquette, for example, but a magically sensuous charmer. Her Donna Anna (in Mozart's Don Giovanni), on the other hand -- recorded following triumphant performances of the role at the Salzburg Festival -- is sung with touching fragility; it's a far cry from the Brünnhilde-like dramatics one often encounters in this role. For a taste of her theatrical acumen and flair, turn to "Regnava nel silenzio" (from Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor), where she darkens her tone and makes the most of the poor heroine's haunted and haunting narrative. Though this is her debut, DG has given Netrebko the royal treatment, with accompaniment by the venerable Vienna Philharmonic under conductor Gianandrea Noseda. Lighter-voiced singers like Netrebko rarely have the opportunity to achieve box officesmashing successes, but here's betting that this lyric soprano is destined for true diva-dom.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This girl has it all: fashion model looks, wit, and most importantly.....she has a VOICE. Her name will be listed along with the greats.