Everyone manages processes . . . Everyone is an operations manager
". . . integrates services and manufacturing operations further than has been done before in any Operations Management textbook. This makes the book ideally suited for an MBA audience; who come from a multitude of organizational settings."
Par Åhlström, Professor of Operations Management, Chalmers University of Technology
"This text places Operations Management clearly in context. I particularly like the emphasis on process management as a means of demonstrating the ubiquity of processes, even outside the traditional operations areas."
Dr Alison Smart, Manchester Business School, University of Manchester
"This comprehensive text shows how persuasive, relevant and exciting Operations Management is to business and everyday life."
Stephen Disney, Cardiff Business School
Written by best-selling authors in their field, Operations and Process Management, Second Edition, inspires a critical and applied mastery of the core principles and processes fundamental to managing business operations.
Approaching the subject from a truly managerial perspective, this brand new text provides clear and concise coverage, whilst the fully updated accompanying CD provides an opportunity to practice and further explore the concepts and techniques introduced.
- A diagnostic approach equips you with the questions to effectively assess and improve the operations and processes in your company.
- Cases in the main text provide an insight into the reality of managing operations. Interactive cases provide the opportunity to work through the decision-makingprocess to solve operations problems.
- A balance of service and manufacturing examples equips you with a practical and wide-ranging understanding of the material.
- An interactive study guide featuring video, animated diagrams, Excel spreadsheets and further examples provides practical guidance on core concepts and issues.
This new edition has been updated throughout, including new chapter opening cases, extensive revision of the topical chapters on capacity management and lean sychronization, and clearer and fuller integration of the content with the interactive CD-ROM.
This is the ideal text for students taking any practically-orientated MBA, executive MBA or executive course in Operations and Process Management.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.80(w) x 10.50(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Operations and processes
2. Operations strategy
3. Supply network design
4. Process design 1 - Positioning
5. Process design 2 - Analysis
6. Product and service design processes
7. Supply chain management
8. Capacity management
9. Inventory management
10. Resource planning and control
11. Lean synchronization
12. Quality management
14. Risk and resilience
15. Project management