- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This brand-new edition, in a completely updated 2-volume set, places the full-range of operative otolaryngologic procedures at your disposalfrom discussions on why a procedure should be performed to the latest surgical techniques to post-operative management and outcomes. Dr. Eugene Myers along with his esteemed, expert contributors bring you the absolute latest in the field, with thirty new chapters and expanded coverage on face lift, blepharoplasty, the ethmoid sinus, frontal sinus, and orbital surgery, to help you face even your toughest challenges. What’s more, a new full-color design, including more than 1,300 new full-color drawings and photographs and 90 minutes of surgical video clips, available online provide you with superb visual guidance. And, as an Expert Consult title, this thoroughly updated 2nd edition comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchableenabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
• Aids in the evaluation and management of a complete spectrum of head and neck problems.
• Offers pearls and pitfalls at the end of each chapter to help you avoid complications.
• Uses a logical consistent layout from chapter to chapter, to include patient selection, pre-operative planning, surgical technique, and post-operative management.
• Provides online access to fully searchable text and step-by-step surgical video clips, enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection and provide you with superb visual guidance.
• Presents several new associate editors, giving you fresh perspectives in a growing field.
• Offers the expertise of otolaryngologists, plastic surgeons, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, neurological surgeons, and ophthalmologists, who provide unsurpassed multidisciplinary coverage on everything from pre-operative diagnosis and evaluation…through step-by-step descriptions of surgical techniques…to post-operative management.
• Features 30 new chapters, including Office-Based Evaluation and Treatment, many new chapters on endoscopic approaches and management of complications, and eight new chapters on laryngology, as well as expanded coverage of face lift, blepharoplasty, the ethmoid sinus, frontal sinus, and orbital surgery to keep you ahead of the curve.
• Covers the newest techniques, such as transnasal endoscopic sinus surgery, endonasal endoscopic management of tumors at the base of the skull using the two-team approach, the use of Botox injections for various conditions of the larynx, and endoscopic surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands to help you enhance your clinical skills.
• Includes completely reorganized chapters that feature “complications” headings and bulleted lists of pearls and pitfalls for ease of reference and to help you avoid mistakes.
• Uses a new full-color design with 1,300 new full-color illustrations for easy reference.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.50(d)|
Table of Contents
VOLUME I: Nasal Cavity, Nasopharynx and Sinuses. Oral Cavity/Oropharynx. Larynx. Hypopharynx and Cervical Esophagus. Salivary Glands. Thyroid and Parathyroid. Trachea and Mediastinum. Neck. Cancer of the Skin of the Head and Neck. Reconstructive Aspects in Head and Neck Surgery. Endoscopic Orbital Decompression. VOLUME II: Cranial Base Surgery. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. External Ear Canal. Tympanic Membrane, Middle Ear, And Mastoid. Facial Nerve. Vertigo. Temporal Bones.