Presented by the American College of Surgeons and the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, the first comprehensive, evidence-based examination of cancer surgery techniques as standards distills the well-defined protocols and techniques that are critical to achieve optimal outcomes in a cancer operation. This unique, one of a kind collaboration between the American College of Surgeons and the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology focuses on best practices and state-of-the-art methodologies. Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery clearly describes the surgical activities that occur between skin incision and skin closure that directly affect cancer outcomes. Key Features
• Quickly grasp the proper technical elements of a cancer operation through clear, practical text and more than 120 illustrations.
• Benefit from careful analysis of the best evidence available in the literature, gathered here to create the highest quality standards in four key disease sites: breast, colon, lung, and pancreas.
• Learn from experts drawn from diverse groups including the American College of Surgeons, the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, the National Cancer Institute Cooperative Groups, and the Commission on Cancer, as well as national societies and organizations with an interest in these four cancer types.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
• Complete content with enhanced navigation .
• Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
• Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
• Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
• Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
• Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.